First Visit / Free Consultation
At your first visit, Dr. Koterwas will tell you:
- Whether you or your child can benefit from orthodontic treatment
- When treatment should start
- What treatment is necessary
- How long it will last
- Approximate fees related to treatment
The cost of your orthodontic treatment will vary, depending on your individual needs and treatment plan. Our staff will discuss the cost of your treatment and each available payment plan option with you, so you can make the best choice for yourself and your smile.
We work with you to create a payment plan that fits your budget, and you will know what to expect before beginning treatment. * Note: you will not be charged for records before meeting with Dr. Koterwas. *
Affordable Payment Plans
Your smile is yours forever, and we want to make it as easy as possible for you to receive the best orthodontic care whenever you need it. We do not believe in high-pressure sales; we want you to be comfortable and confident in your choice to visit Dr. Koterwas for your treatment needs.
** Our practice accepts Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. We participate with most insurance plans. **
Your insurance benefit plan may include orthodontics coverage as part of your dental benefit. It’s best to check the details of your coverage carefully, because orthodontic coverage typically has a unique set of maximums and limitations that apply specifically to this benefit.
It is important to understand that orthodontic insurance payments are paid out over the course of treatment. This means that if your insurance contributes $1,000 toward orthodontic care, that money will be paid throughout the estimated treatment period given by Dr. Koterwas.
Should you lose or change your insurance during orthodontic treatment, your benefit cannot be guaranteed and you are responsible for the insurance balance.
We are happy to file a claim on your behalf. If you make a change to your benefits, it is imperative that you let us know when the change occurs so we can advocate on your behalf with your new insurance company. Sometimes, we will be able to get a portion of your new benefit even if treatment has initiated prior to having coverage.
Just as you are unique, so is your financial situation. Financial considerations should not be an obstacle to obtaining quality orthodontic care. As such, Koterwas Orthodontics offers a variety of payment options designed to fulfill the financial needs of each individual.
Individual payment plan options will be discussed following the free consultation appointment, after your unique needs have been assessed. The following are our financial policies:
- If full payment is made at the onset of treatment, we will offer a fee discount. (If you have insurance, we will offer a discount on the portion of the fee that is not covered by insurance.)
- To fit your individual needs, financial arrangements can be made to extend your payments over a period of months.
- For your convenience, we accept payment by Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
- In cases of serious delinquency, treatment will be discontinued, although we will make every effort to accommodate patients with temporary difficulties.